Saturday, March 15, 2008

Beware the Ides of March


Hello everyone. I know it has been a while. I am working on something I cannot show anyone so it does not leave a lot of time for blogging. But today I visited my pretend stamping friend Lauren and I HAD to do her sketch. She has a tutorial on how to make these sweet little umbrella's. I have a baby due in the early fall (well not me my best friend) and a shower to throw so I think this umbrella thing is adorable.

I made mine with pretty in pink and soft sky paper. The dp is from Sassafrass Lass and perfect if you do not know the sex of the baby. The stamp set is from MFT, Shower Time. I colored with copics and used Adirondack Pitch Black Ink. I used some pink gingham ribbon from SU as the handle for the umbrella and a dew drop at the top. Dazzling Diamonds and my quickie glue pen made the glitter application a breeze.

Thanx for looking and let me know what you think. Have a stamp happy day!

6 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

WOW girl you are one speedy stamper!!! This came out awesome! I totally love it. The glittered outline is perfection! Thanks for playing & good luck!

Lora Wright said...

So cute! Great job.

Paper and Petals said...

Stacy thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog!! You made my day.
As for this card, it is adorable! I love the umbrella handle and the raining duckies and bottles.

Julie

ScrappinGalz said...

What an adorable card! I just gave you an award on my blog come see

Jaymerz said...

How cute is that umbrella and card!! This card is perfect for a shower.

Melody said...

So cute! Love how you used the ribbon.