Friday, December 14, 2007

My favorite things




Good Morning everybody! The kids are off to school. They were stir crazy yesterday. I got a chance to check out the Member company forums over at SCS and checked out the challenge on My Favorite Things. This is my card made for that challenge. With all the snow yesterday I thought it was fitting. The stamp set is By the seashore and is probably my fav from Kim over at MFT. I am patiently waiting for Baby It's Cold Outside from Paper Pretties b/c Novembers kits never shipped due to some paper problem. I should be getting Nov and Dec kits at the same time. I can't wait to play.

Back to the card. I used Regal Rose, Very Vanilla and Cool Caribbean (retired) cardstock from SU! The designer paper is Blush from Basic Grey. I colored with my Copics which came from Ellens store. This is the first time I have posted anything that I have colored. I have been practicing. I am not ever satisfied with my results and after I am done I always find room for improvement. The sand is embossed with embossing powder from Sparkle and Sprinkle. I bought it at a stamp festival. The brads are Making Memories and are a dead ringer for SU regal rose. SU does not have any to match regal rose. One of my complaints about su is that they should have brads to match all of their colors. I colored over her shirt with the copic spica glitter pen just to give it some bling. I did a little paper piercing at the corners of the main image b/c I felt it needed a little something else. Her hat is on a dimensional and the shells are cut out and attached with glue dots. Sending you sunshine was perfect considering it snowed 10 inches here yesterday. TFL. Have a stamp happy day!

No comments: