Friday, January 11, 2008

ARGH! 13 year old boy birthday cards


Hello all. Did you miss me yesterday? I spent most of the day working on a project for the contest to be a guest designer over at MFT and I was just exhausted and disgusted so I chose not to blog. Today I needed to make a card for my oldest son to take to a birthday party on Sunday and well 13 is just not an easy age. They don't really care about the card only what is in it. But I toiled and troubled and made one anyhow. I went to SCS for some inspiration and found it. Unfortunately I did not write down the name so I will be back to edit this when I look the name up.

Anyhow the bkgd paper was what inspired me and I made my own. I utilized all SU! stamp sets. Just baseball, big deal numbers and happy everything (on the inside) and crosshatch bkgd stamp which is retired much to my dismay. It was one of my favs. I also ended up fulfilling the challenge today over at SCS which was to make a card and stick to two colors from one color family. We could use a neutral color cardstock and black ink.

I used brilliant blue and tempting turquoise from the Bold Brights family. Not my usual but lately I am really enjoying the bright colors. It was a pretty simple card but I was very pleased with the turnout. TFL. Let me know what you think and I will be right back with another post. Have a stamp happy day!

I got my inspiration from Pattilynn. thank you!

1 comment:

Godelieve said...

Perfect card for a 13 yo. I agree, it's not an easy occasion to make a card for.