Thursday, January 31, 2008

Combo challenges



Hello all. I know that the counter has surpassed 1000 and I promise to be back on Monday with the blog candy post. But for now I have two cards to show you. The first is a combination of two challenges this week over at SCS. The new technique and sketch challenge all rolled into one.

It really worked out perfectly because the sketch called for a big flower and the new technique was a flower made of paper, the dahlia fold. Now I have to admit at first I did not think I was going to make it through all eight circles but it got easier as I went.

I used all Stampin' Up! products on this card. The designer paper is the new Bali Breeze and I just love it. The ribbon is new to and just beautiful. No stamping on this card as I felt it really did not need a sentiment. Busy enough on the front.

The second card I made for a sketch challenge over at Tami Mayberry's blog. I had been stalking her blog since I saw her on the Hanna Stamps design team and I thought something happened to her because she had not posted in two months but all of a sudden she is back and gave me this great sketch to take on.

The card is 4x9. I had never made a card this size before and it scared me a little but after I was done I actually liked it. Again I used all Stampin' Up! products with the exception of the dew drops. The designer paper is Bali Breeze and the stamp set is Always. I just got this set and I absolutely love it. I embossed the bird with old olive craft ink and clear ep and cut him out. I used textured cardstock and stamped the branch on the rose red piece of cs. The ribbon is old olive 5/8" grosgrain, another of my favs. I love wide ribbon. The dew drops were an afterthought because when I was done I felt like it needed something else. These dew drops have been great in cases like this because if I had used brads they would have shown on the back. Yuck!

Thanx for looking and be sure to check back on Monday for your chance at some candy. Have a great weekend in case I don't get a chance to post again. Have a stamp happy day!

4 comments:

Create It Simply said...

gorgeous cards!! thanks so much for visiting me :) Glad you didn't totally give up, I would have missed your great blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Great cards ... love the colors.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I was on the fence about this set.....I think I just fell off on the side of YES.

Kathy W said...

Pretty cards, especially the second one! Love the colors and the wavy line cut for the DP. The bird cut out and mounted really catches the eye. Thanks for sharing.